Sunday, January 25, 2009

A very nice weekend

It's Sunday afternoon and I have had a very nice weekend. Started off yesterday with my daughter at Cheer practice. Then we went off to Subway for lunch (I love my Saturday sub). We went to the mall for a bit and then went home for some quiet time. 

At 4 pm we were off to our best friends youngest son's baptism. He looked so grown up in his suit, I remember back when we met them he was only 4 months old - where did the time go? I was a good girl at the baptism. Had some soup, chili, salad and fruit for dessert - completely steered clear of the baked goods. Wore my new blue dress and got lots of compliments.

Today was church and then my in-laws came up and took us for lunch. We don't normally go out to eat on Sundays, but my in-laws don't share our faith so sometimes we make allowances where they are concerned. I had one of the best salads I have ever had, but when I got home and checked out the NI online I figured out why it was so good - IT WAS LOADED WITH FAT! Casey's Asian Chicken salad  - the killer was the honey lime dressing. I should have asked for it on the side. It sounded healthier than the salsa ranch dressing that was on the salad that I normally get - but after checking it out the salsa ranch would have been a MUCH better bet. About half the cals and fat. OH WELL, live & learn. I've made that mistake before. 

I will always check NI on computer before going out to eat.
I will always check NI on computer before going out to eat.
I will....... well, you get it. lol

BIG NEWS - My daughter is going to be on Breakfast Television (Toronto) tomorrow morning (6-9 a.m.). Jennifer Valentine (a show host) will be taping live from her cheer gym to teach people about competitive cheerleading. My daughter is SUPER excited - me too. We have to be at the gym at 5:30 a.m. in full uniform - that part doesn't excite me. To say that I am not a morning person is quite the understatement. 

After the segment shoots I will go directly to my weigh in, which I think will be a good one (fingers crossed).

GO TEAM LYNN (or team lean, or whatever we decided to name it)



2 comments:

K-Pow said...

What a lovely weekend indeed! And even better when you get nice (well deserved) compliments too!

Grrrr at fatty salads!! They suck! Lesson learned though right?

Good luck to your daughter tomorrow, and good luck on getting up that early :)

Go Team Lean!

Anonymous said...

Very nice weekend. Dont you hate that when you go out to eat and thing you did great only to find out...not so much?

Live and Learn is right! Have fun tomorrow sounds awesome...good luck at weigh in