Thursday, January 1, 2009

my NSV from my 5 year old boy.

Today we went to a good friends home for a visit and they were all so amazed with how much the hubby and I have lost - it felt nice to hear it from them.

Afterwards we went out for dinner with my in-laws. I took my boy to the bathroom and afterwards I bent down to help him do up his pants, as I stood back up he looked up at me and said "Mommy, you are getting SO healthy"

We don't use the word 'diet' in our home. My sister had to be hospitalized in high school due to a severe eating disorder, so we are very aware of the kind of problems that can arise from this type of thinking. Our children know that Mommy and Daddy's bellies are not healthy and so they know that we are eating healthier foods and exercising so that we can get healthier. So to hear him tell me that I am getting healthier means that he sees me getting thinner - what a cutie!

Here is a little video that I took of him today - he wanted to write his own song.

No comments: