Saturday, January 17, 2009

my smoothie & my boy

That smoothie I made yesterday did not have the staying power that I hoped it would. I don't know if it was because I was home all day, or what, but I seemed to get hungry again too soon. I was speaking to my friend about it last night, and she suggested putting 1/2 cup of oats into it. Her personal trainer told her that that would make it more filling. Since oatmeal is a WW 'filling food' I didn't mind trying it. 

So this morning I made one. The texture was different than yesterdays, but it still tasted great. I had it at about 8 a.m. and it is now 9 a.m. and so far I am still really satisfied. I would like to see this feeling last until about 10 a.m. when I would normally have a snack anyways - so we'll see.

My boy (5) has been fevered since 11 p.m. Thursday night, when he registered 103 degrees f. I kept him home from kindergarten yesterday so he could rest. He was supposed to go to a birthday party with his sister last night but when it was time to go he was still 101 degrees f so I decided he couldn't go. He stayed home and snuggled up to Daddy while watching Kung Fu Panda (his new favorite movie).

Last night he came into our room at 3 a.m. and told me that his tummy hurt. Within about 30 seconds he was in the bathroom throwing up - poor guy! I 'slept' with him in his bed so that I could help him whenever he needed it. He is such a snugly little guy, so even though I didn't get much sleep I enjoyed cuddling him. For his sake I hope today's a better day.

I'm kind of bummed that even though I feel that I have been good with my eating this week my weight has not budged all week. I feel like I am PMSing, got the regular symptoms, so maybe that has something to do with it. Just so long as I don't get my TOM on WI day - that would really put me UP!!!

GO TEAM LYNN!!!

2 comments:

Kinder said...

I find that about smoothies, too. They just don't have the staying power for me. Like eating a bowl of cereal! Oatmeal is a great breakfast for me, and 1/2 cup of oats is a lot - is that half a cup dry? So that should stick with you all morning (=

Kinder said...

Oh, sorry your boy is sick. I hate it when my kids are sick...