Thursday, November 27, 2008

Recipe as requested

Faux Twice Baked Potato

1-head of Cauliflower (Approx 2lb)
½ c. fat free sour cream
4-oz - fat free cream cheese (I make my own)
¼ c. minced green onions
1/4 c. low sodium chicken broth

Topping
Shredded low-fat cheese (I like mozzarella)

Boil cauliflower approx. 20 to 30 minutes until tender, drain well.

In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, cream cheese, chicken broth, sour cream, minced green onions. Mash it all together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.I mash it in my Kitchen Aid Mixer.

Put it in a buttered 8 X 8 casserole dish. Cover with the shredded cheese.

Place in a preheated 350° oven and bake until all the cheese has melted. Approximately 20 minutes. Garnish with chives if desired.

I love this dish - really does taste like twice baked potatoes. I guess the shredded cheese keeps it from being truly core, but I still count it as so.
YES, I'm a core 'tweaker'.

2 comments:

K-Pow said...

Thank you!! Can't wait to try it :)

Girl of True Heart said...

thank you!!