Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the shred

so today is my second day of (trying) to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I am SO not good at exercise.

I got through it OK yesterday. I did level 1 and I did the easier modifications she mentioned. I did have to pause a few times, but not for more than 5 seconds (as she instructed). When it was over I was so proud of myself, and I felt pumped - like YEAH I can do this!!

Today - not so much. I am sore from yesterday, so prior to trying it today I decided to soak in a tub with Epsom salts to loosen my muscles. I barely made it through the video. I made it about 1/3 before I gave up. I hate giving up, but I usually do with exercise.

I will definitely try it again tomorrow - I do want to shred my body.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooooo relate. Tried it first time and was sore for days...tried it second time...made it half way..and havent tried it again just because I had such a busy weekend. I too will do it again as I want to shred my body too!

Good for you starting I hear it get easier

Girl in Carolina said...

I'm SO intrigued by the shred. Totally thinking about getting it and just trying it for 30 days. Cant' wait to hear more about what you think about it!!

MeltingLisa said...

Woooohoooo look at us go!!! So proud of you!

I had my 4th yoga lesson today, and it takes every bit of my perserverance not to just give up. Today he said "Lisa push down in the position" to which I replied "and where are your breasts buddy???!!" Hahaha he did laugh thank goodness!

Glod to hear you are back on track, and thanks for answering my questions!

carla said...

but youve done it!!!

Im still watching all YOU ALL do the shred.

for now.

MizFit

Kinder said...

I am thinking I will have to check out that video. I am so not an exercise in my living room type person, but so many people are talking about it!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

LOL! For the first 3 days after doing the shred, I couldn't walk without ooohing and aaahing! The first week is rough, but I challenged myself(and anyone who wanted to join me) to do it everyday for the month of Feb. It's definitely getting "easier" (translate - I can do it without wanting to cry in the middle of it), so keep it up and you will see a difference!

Laura said...

I hear you on the sore thing but I find that if I keep at it, even not as intense, it really does help loosen the muscles out.
Great job thus far.

Amy said...

It takes a while to get through that soreness. Like over a week for me. Just persevere and it WILL get better!

I still haven't sold myself on moving up to Level 2. I watched it last week and it scares me!