Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Plan

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
~unknown

I love the WW plan. It really does work and I know it does because it has for me on several occasions. I worked the plan last week, my first week back, and I am now down 5 lbs! I was very happy to hear that number at WI.

I know from past experience that my downfall is that as I go along I begin to 'fail to plan'. Take yesterday for example, the day got away from me, and so I found myself getting VERY hungry at a few different points of the day. This is not good on CORE. You are never supposed to get super hungry, well I did. I feel that I still made 'ok' choices, but had I planned my day out more I would have been able to make GREAT choices.

The upside of yesterday is that I made a large pan of 'CORE' cabbage rolls. Ok, they are probably not completely core because the recipe called for brown sugar, but I did substitute the meat for extra-lean ground beef, and the rice for whole wheat couscous. I guess based on the amount of sugar that went into that huge pan I should probably charge myself a point per serving. I can deal with that since they are SOOOOOOOOOO yummy.

Meg & Drew had their first Ukrainian dance practice of the season last night. They really enjoy it, but it makes Monday nights hard since they have to be in Oshawa for 6pm. We usually eat dinner around 6:30, so it means that we have to be done dinner by 5:30 which throws the night off for us all. Oh well, we'll handle it. It means however that they come home from dance and want a snack before bed (since they have worked up an appetite) and I am not really keen on letting them eat before bed.

Off to PLAN my day!
GO COWBOYS!

No comments: