Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Story

My Story:

I was not an over-weight child. I was average in high school. I think I spent most of those years around 125-135 but I am very short 4'11". I did feel that I was heavier than most of my friends, but I think that most teenage girls feel that way. I was captain of the cheerleaders, and very active in extra-curricular activities.

After high-school I partied A LOT. We went clubbing Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays every week, and sometimes other nights as well if something interesting was going on. I also ate very poorly during that time - mostly fast food.

When my now DH, returned from University we were ALWAYS together. He is a 'Big-Guy', 6'1" and very broad shoulders. We started eating out all the time, and always snacking. I started eating just like him - even worked my way up to the same portions as him sometimes - SCARY!

By the time we got engaged I was about 175lbs. I got myself down to 165 for the wedding (1997) - but I definitely did not make the picture perfect bride. Over the next 4 years I stayed around the 175 mark - THEN CAME THE KIDS!

From October 2001 to October 2004 I was either pregnant or nursing. There was no break in between. This was very detrimental to my physique. It really changed the whole shape of my body.

I have yo-yo dieted a lot of over the years, never happy being heavy.

I've done many weight loss/diets before, but was always happiest with WW, so I am back, this time I plan on becoming a lifetime member!!!

No comments: